What's new

kandzsem

Hi guys,

I bought a MS SPro1 recently, with a power cover, but to be honest the battery life of the power cover is far from my expectations, it last less than 2 hours with 25% light and power saver mode (win 10).
The CPU is no on high usage, I usually pin it to the front and sometimes it hits the 100% as a peak, but it's usually around 20-30% - of course im talking about web browsing.

The Surface itself is quite good, it lasts around 4 hours anyway.

Long story short, do you know any way how I could test the battery condition of the power cover, to check is it in the grave or it's me who is not using it as it is?

Thanks!

OP
K

kandzsem

Okay, I found the Battery Bar software, which shows the how far the battery is damaged.
So, mine is damaged in 2,3 %, which is not that bad and I found it if use Edge, it gives an extra half-hour, but that 6 and half hour is still nowhere compared to the 10 hours, that others said.
I turned off a bunch of MS services, all the background apps, every MS reporting and I'm alway using it in power saver mode.
What I'm doing wrong or what should I do to make it better?

leeshor

Depending on your usage 6.5 hours may be what you can expect and may not be bad. Any usage figures put out by manufacturers are suspect and not bases on real-world use. It's like the gas mileage ratings on an automobile, few people will actually get there.

OP
K

kandzsem

Depending on your usage 6.5 hours may be what you can expect and may not be bad. Any usage figures put out by manufacturers are suspect and not bases on real-world use. It's like the gas mileage ratings on an automobile, few people will actually get there.

I'm just surfing the web / reading, nothing special, hardware consuming stuff.
I red the 10.5 in this forum, at the Power Cover thread, multiple people said, that's what it runs for them.
And yeah, the 6,5 is still good though, but it could run the almost double of it, but it's not (without any reasons) - that what frustrates me. :(

leeshor

I'm just surfing the web / reading, nothing special, hardware consuming stuff.
I red the 10.5 in this forum, at the Power Cover thread, multiple people said, that's what it runs for them.
And yeah, the 6,5 is still good though, but it could run the almost double of it, but it's not (without any reasons) - that what frustrates me. :(
You should/would see a big difference in battery if you limited yourself to MUI apps. If you are a Chrome user that may be where most of the battery is going if much of what you are doing is browsing.

It may not be what you are doing as much as what you are doing it with.